Sunday, July 22, 2012

1940s Gold Lame Open Toed Ankle Strap Brocade Platforms

Eureka! Struck vintage gold! Bought these 1940s Gold Lame Open Toed Ankle Strap Brocade Platforms, at Corner Mouse House, on etsy.






















I was worried about the straps. They seem very flimsy. The seller assured me that they fit well and are sturdy. Whenever buying vintage, I not only ask lots of questions (as we all should) but I think ahead to what I might have to have repaired in the future. Its inevitable I will have a date with a cobbler in the future. In a fantasy world, I would meet a handsome, christian--feminist, cobbler, who likes to lindy hop, all night long. Heh.






















Inside sole says, "Marshall Field & Company Chicago" and "Young Moderns Staccatoes." Soles aren't too worn down.














Oh how I love this profile view. Gold platform; delicate brocade pattern. Thank you to the vintage gods!

No comments:

Post a Comment