Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lime Crime's Carousel Lip Gloss is tempting me

I haven't worn makeup since the year 2000 and I haven't worn lipstick since 1997. Even so, every now and then I find myself admiring the sight of a bright red lipstick. Every now and again I curiously peruse a makeup website called Lime Crime. The website sells extremely bright and creative makeup which come from the mastermind of Doe Deere.

When I was in high school, I tried wearing red lipstick in attempts to look like Courtney Love. Back then Courtney was my Kurt. Hole was my Nirvana. In other words, although I loved Nirvana, I idolized Courtney Love and her music. She was one of the prettiest women I had ever seen and I loved her lips. I could never find the right red and I eventually gave up the search. Wearing lipstick and having to reapply became a nusense and eventually I felt that I looked better without it.

I wore three shades of blue and purple along with black eye liner and glitter, that I found to be quite artful. I gave it up at the age of 20. Haven't worn makeup since.

For the first time in 12 years I am considering purchasing lipstick. Who knows if I'll actually do it, but I'm tempted.

Below is the Carousel Lip Gloss collection that debuted on November 28th.






















It is the advertising posted that drew me in immediately.


































The first two colors I display here are the gloss tubes I'm considering purchasing. Where and when I would wear them is a question. I think wearing lipstick would feel too foreign to me, being that it's been so long. I might feel like a clown. But get a load of these great pigments!


















Candy Apple

A great crimson with glitter. There was a time when I wore eye glitter every day. But again, that was in high school and college. Even so, I don't think I'll ever stop being a fan of glitter.

















Cherry on Top

I've never done pink, but this is very appealing. It's like candy!
















Kaleidoscope

I love the name of this color. Pretty, but I won't be buying this one.


















Golden Ticket

Golden Ticket is the perfect name for this gloss. It reminds me very much of a Willy Wonka golden ticket.


















Loop-de-loop

I'm not sure how this color screams Loop-de-loop, but I dig the name.

If you like what you see here, visit Lime Crime. The website sells other lipsticks and eye shadows.


































To learn about the creative force behind Lime Crime, visit the official Doe Deere blogsite, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment