Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ani Difranco on VH1 Hard Rock Live 1998

Old footage from VH1.This footage aired in 1998. I didn't have cable at that time and was so upset that I was unable to watch Ani Difranco on VH1's Hard Rock Live. Although, since then I've seen plenty of Ani Difranco footage I am still happy to have finally landed on this. Thank you to for posting.


Plastic Little Castle - Ani Difranco - VH1 Hard Rock Live

people talk
about my image
like i come in two dimensions
like lipstick is a sign of my declining mind
like what i happen to be wearing
the day that someone takes a picture
is my new statement for all of womankind
i wish they could see us now
in leather bras and rubber shorts
like some ridiculous new team uniform
for some ridiculous new sport
quick someone call the girl police
and file a report


Swan Dive - Ani Difranco - VH1 Hard Rock Live

i'm cradling the hardest, heaviest part of me in my hand
the ship is pitching and heaving, 
my limbs are bobbing and weaving
and i think this is something i understand
 

As Is - Ani Difranco - VH1 Hard Rock Live

cuz when i look around
i think this, this is good enough
and i try to laugh
at whatever life brings
cuz when i look down
i just miss all the good stuff
when i look up
i just trip over things
 

Jukebox - Ani Difranco - VH1 Hard Rock Live

her hair bears silent witness
to the passing of time
tattoos like mile markers
map the distance she has gone
winning some, losing some
 

Fuel - Ani Difranco - VH1 Hard Rock Live

people used to make records
as in a record of an event
the event of people
playing music in a room
now everything is cross-marketing
it's about sunglasses and shoes
or guns or drugs
you choose

For more information on Ani Difranco visit her official website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment