Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gray Monster Slippers / Where the Wild Things Are Claws from Baby Cricket


Roar! These slippers are awesome. If you visit Baby Cricket etsy page on this day you'll see that these grey slippers are already sold out. Do not fret! Baby Cricket can still make these for you! These slippers come in Ivory, Tan, Mocha, Chocolate and Grey. Each pair is $35.




















In a sense these slippers seem very simple. Triangle pieces sticking out of a slipper. But here is how the creator describes her work.

I started making these for little kids, but there was such a demand for them in adult sizes I now offer them in all sizes. The tops are made with two layers of super soft furry grey fabric, with black micro-suede claws sewn securely into the toes. The soles have a layer of foam sandwiched between a faux leather sole and the furry insole for the comfort of those of us who weigh more than 30 lb toddlers.

The ivory and the grey are the fuzziest fabrics, while the tan, mocha and chocolate have a shorter fur.

Please let me know at checkout if you want a different fabric and/or claw color.





















The moment I saw the gray slippers they reminded me of Maurice Sendak's chilren's book, Where the Wild Things Are.






















Well, turns out the white version of these slippers are meant to look like Max's character from the children's book.













I just ordered my pair of grey monster slippers! "Let the Wild Rumpus Start!"






















Can't wait till' I get my pair in the mail! I'll be able to wear my Where the Wild Things Are slippers while cuddling with my Where the Wild Things are "Bernard" plush. Yes, I have a Bernard plush, lemme alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment