Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Twinkie Chan the Magnificent! Her rap video, hip crochet abilities, and the work of Shrinkle!

Can I tell you how much I love Twinkie Chan? Can I can I can I? Thank you. She's the bee's knees, she's the cat's meow, she's the penguins tuxedo and everything in between. I've posted about her before but I am always happy to mention her name.


















She's an amazing foodie crochet artist and I have spent way too much money purchasing her scarves. But Ms. Twinkie Chan is much more than scarves. She crochets food themed, purses, tissue box covers, coffee cup warmers, and more!


















And she's cute to boot! Here is a photo from Inked Magazine. I have always loved her food themed tattoos especially her cupcake tattoos as cupcakes are my obsession.

So, on to her amazing work.






















Twinkie Chan and her wall o' yarn.






















Cupcakes galore..














The salad is my favorite. Beets in the mix. One of my all time favorite foods. They turn your pee red but they're worth it. Um, also this photo features a strawberry shortcake cake.






















This is one of the scarves I own. I love how random food is and I love food more as an aesthetic than how food actually tastes. I love food themed necklaces, and rings, food themed play toys and clothes. And I do love toast so this scarf is one of the many perfect choices for me.






















Meat! Hardcore meat!













Breakfast, lunch and dessert!






















Tissue box cover! Cake with cherries on top!
















Tissue box cover! Nummy lemon cake!













More scarves! Ice cream, waffle and butter, and strawberries!


Twinkie Chan also has a crochet book that came out in 2010. The book teaches offers her patters of various foodie scarf items.

The main purpose of this post was for me to show you Twinkie Chan's rap video. Yes, rap video! Pure awesome sauce. The video promotes her crochet book.



Did you notice the "tight hooker" necklaces in reference to crochet hooking?

I want to give a plug to Shrinkle and her buddies who are also featured in the video.



















Shrinkle's true name is Amy Doan. She designs clothes and according to her blogsite her inspirations are vintage dance costumes and lingerie, Japanese street fashion, and toddler beauty pageants. She is also the creative force behind Sugarpill Cosmetics, which is a colorful line of eyeshadow. If I actually wore makeup I'm sure I'd be all over it.






















Isn't she purty?

Ok, so back to Twinkie Chan. Lastly I'd like to talk about her blogsite called I Eat Yucky Stuff. It's delightful. As you can imagine Twinkie Chan does not just crochet foodie things she is a foodie herself. And often she eats things regularly or will try things out that are a bit on the strange side. She will also post videos of herself trying out new snacks and dishes.

Here she is eating quail eggs.



Um, yum?

Check out her website which features a fridge that opens! Click on the cute bouncy food items in the fridge and see what happens!






















 To the official Twinkie Chan website click here.
To visit the official Twinkie Chan etsy page click here.
To visit the official Twinkie Chan facebook page click here.
To visit the official Twinkie Chan blog or "blargh" as she calls it, click here.
Twinkie Chan has a online website store called Yummy You Clothing. It is still in the works but you can give it a glance here.
To visit Twinkie Chan's Live Journal page click here.
Believe it or not Twinkie Chan still has myspace page. Yowza. To visit it click here.
To visit the official Twinkie Chan twitter page click here.
To visit the official Twinkie Chan Twitpic page click here.
To visit Twinkie Chan's official flickr page click here.
To visit Twinkie Chan's I Eat Yucky Stuff blog click here.
To purchase Twinkie Chan's crochet book entitled Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies For Fashion Foodies: 20 Yummy Treats to Wear click here.
To visit Twinkie Chan TV aka her own videos on YouTube click here.
To visit Twinkie Chan's official formspring page click here.

If you're like me you're thinking man, how does she keep up with so many websites? She must have magic multi-tasking powers that none of us possess.



Here is a promo video for her 2010 crochet book where she teaches us how to make a cupcake scarf. Well, not really. But you do get to see her make one reeally fast.

And don't forget about Shrinkle!

To visit Shrinkle's blog page click here.
To visit Shrinkle's etsy page click here.
To visit Shrinkle's facebook page click here.
To visit Shrinkle's myspage page click here.
To visit Shrinkle's ebay page click here.
To visit Shrinkle's twitter page click here.
To visit Shrinkle's live journal page click here.
To visit the official Sugar Pill Cosmetics page click here.
To visit the official Sugar Pill Cosmetics facebook page click here.

Apparently Shrinkle also has super duper multi-tasking powers. We need to get these women capes.

Well, that's it folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment