Friday, July 29, 2011

Just for Fun: How Would You Answer the Inside the Actors Studio Questionnaire by Bernard Pivot?

I am a fan of the tv program, Inside the Actors Studio. The show features host James Lipton who interviews actors in the presence of an audience. The audience consists of student actors, playwrights and directors.


Towards the end of the show, right before he allows the featured actor to receive questions from the students he poses a questionnaire from his "hero" Bernard Pivot. I had always wondered who Pivot was as I truly love the questionnaire and James continues to refer to Pivot as his hero.

I researched this a bit and learned that Lipton by chance caught a viewing of Pivot's cable tv program. I learned that Pivot is a journalist, and a French television personality.

Although, I am not an actor and have no intention to try, I have been fascinated with Pivot's questionnaire. Here I will post the questions and give my answers to them.               

Inside the Actors Studio: Questionnaire by Bernard Pivot


1. What is your favorite word? - Twitterpeeted

2. What is your least favorite word? - Absolutely. I feel that it is overused and therefore becomes such an empty word. "Did you feel happy about that? Absolutely!" The word actually makes me cringe. Is that odd?

3. What turns you on? - Genuine kindness. Genuine.

4. What turns you off? - Patriarchy

5. What sound or noise do you love? - The sound of a lover's heartbeat. To lie on the chest of someone you love and listen to their pulse is incredibly humbling. To know that as I lie on someone's chest means that I am not that far from the person's actual heart, this thing that keeps us alive is surreal. It makes me see how human we all are.

6. What sound or noise do you hate? - The screams that come from one of my family members.


7. What is your favorite curse word? - Damn. It isn't used that much in comparison to other swear words. And generally I do not swear that often. The words "fuck" or "shit" will fly swiftly from my mouth when I stub my toe, bite my tongue, or if I drop something. Although swearing can be cathartic I think there are more intelligent words to use. If you make swearing a habit, before you know it, every other word becomes "fuck".


8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? - Professional dancer. I'd love to be a member of Alvin Ailey's Dance Theater.

9. What profession would you not like to participate in? - Teacher. I think I'd be really bad at it. I think for all of us who went to school, we have that one teacher that really stands out. That one that really influenced us and inspired us. One that we really enjoyed for their humor or their compassion or their intelligence. I would not be one of those people. I think I'd be able to teach the material but I'd be really boring.

10. If heaven exists what would you like God to say as you arrive at the pearly gates? - Welcome home.

What would you say? What are your answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment