Friday, May 20, 2011

I Am More Than My Face by Mitsuko Nagone

The below are pieces from photographer Mitsuko Nagone's "I Am More Than My Face" project.

All images found at Ignant.





Visit Nagone to view more photos from this project. Each photo offers images that do not reveal the face.

From the website:
"With this project, I intend to creat myself, instead of finding my identity. People often ask themselves, "Who am I?" However, this may take them away from the truth. The definition of who they are could limit their own possibilities and the infinity of their essences. I believe that the self should be created, instead of being found. The self-portraits explore this idea since the face is obscured. The human face seems to emphasize "who" a person is and gives some insight about the individual. This may misinform the audience. I would like to challenge the viewers' misconceptions and stereotypes."

When you visit Nagone's website (which I assume you will...you must) you will see other photos from this project. I chose these two images as the artist uses food. Those who know me know that I often enjoy food as an aesthetic and often more so than I do something to consume.

I often find food to appear quite beautiful and also humorous and random. Personally I believe that when it comes to food there is nothing more random than fried eggs. Naturally I lept to the first photo and immediately wanted to find out who was behind the yolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment