Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Affirmations for Introverts from The Introvert's Corner

I'm not much of a fan of the pop-psych magazine Psychology Today but I do follow the online blog, Introvert's Corner.

A recent Introvert's Corner post listed various affirmations for introverted personalities. In most situations I am reminded that I'm an introvert. The majority of my friends are extroverts and although we often balance each other sometimes I admittedly feel a little too different. I thought I'd post some of the affirmations for all you introverts out there. They are good reminders!
  • Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I have nothing to say.
  • Staying home is doing something.
  • Managing my energy is a favor to myself and everyone around me.
  • I like who I like and that's my right.
  • There's nothing wrong with saying "no."
  • I can love other people and still not be responsible for their good time.
  • Parties are supposed to be fun. When I stop having fun, it's OK to leave.
  • My presence is a gift, not a requirement.
  • I know what I need better than anyone else.
  • Putting on my dog-and-pony show is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment