Saturday, April 23, 2011

Trip to Nijiya Market

After I ran a couple of errands I stopped by one of the local Japanese markets called Nijiya Deli. I went in to return the nori I had purchased the day before as it was past its expiration date and the nori had become matted together in a yucky mushy mess.

I exchanged it for a new box of Roasted Seasoned Ajitsuke Nori by Hanjo.



I couldn't just run in and exchange it as I found some other yummies on the way out.


Coffee Beat coffee flavored chocolates by Meiji. The chocolates are shaped like coffee beans and have a distinct coffee flavor.


Last time I bought Strawberry flavored Gummy Choco. This time I purchased Peach Gummy Choco! If you have ever had chocolate covered gummy bears these are close in comparison but better! These candy treats are by Meiji.


Ramune Soda Drink from Shirakiku. I've had various flavors of Ramune but this time I thought I'd try the original flavor.


Melon Creamy Soda from UCC
Next time I'm going to purchase this soda in the company's mango flavor!




Rich Strawberry Chocolates by Meiji


(photo from milk tea party)


(photo from milk tea party)

Rilakkuma (Relax Bear) is a character that appears on a lot of different candy treats. I loved the artwork on this container so I could only hope the candy inside would be just as delightful. No go. They are strawberry covered rice puffs that taste more like styrofoam. It almost tastes like bad cereal. For a minute I thought that it was cereal and perhaps I should put milk into it. Instead I mourned the loss of the money I spent on this purchase. This candy item is by Lotte.

It's always a gamble when I try out new treats at the Japanese market. Sometimes I think about asking the clerks if they can translate for me but I always lose my nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment