Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jagged misses the mark

I recently posted about how pole dancing does not have to be connected to stripping. To read that post click here.

I was watching this season (season 6) of America's Best Dance Crew and saw a group called Jagged perform.

e





I was initially excited because the group described themselves as an act that shows an audience that pole dancing is an athletic art and does not have to be erotic.

Well, while there is a lot of aerial moves and there isn't a lot of slithering on the ground, the women do wear revealing clothing and do bring in some enticing moves. Seems to me that they want to keep some of the tease even if they eliminate the strip.

No doubt these ladies are talented. I am disappointed however as the contemporary pole dance company continues to present the art of pole dancing as something that is meant for the male gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment