Friday, April 8, 2011

bacon popcorn

There are entire websites dedicated to bacon and I find this to be so hysterical. I think food is a riot! I love how random it can be. In the past I've posted about bacon themed items like bacon toothpaste, bacon necklaces, bacon tattoos and more.

I don't have the courage (or the will to clog my arteries) to test out a lot of the bacon enhanced food items out there but the list of bacon products seems to be growing.

Just recently I learned that Denny's restaurant is having a bacon extravaganza and is selling a Maple Bacon Sundae. To read that post click here.

A couple of my co-workers and I were discussing the humor of a bacon sundae recently and later that same night I discovered bacon and cheese popcorn at the market! It horrified me so I immediately took a picture of it from my cell phone and sent it to my co-workers.

I noticed the J&D's popcorn brand also sold bacon flavored popcorn without the cheese. I felt a little safer with that for some reason. Being that my co-workers and I were making such a fuss over bacon I of course had to buy it.



I tried the popcorn later that night. When I took it out of the plastic wrapper the package smelled awful. It was quite potent and made me a little nauseous. I was a brave little soldier though and I placed it in the microwave.

The popcorn didn't taste bad and it didn't taste like bacon. I'm not quite sure what it tasted like to be honest. It smelled like bacon but I'm not sure what I was tasting.

I learned that J&D's also makes other bacon flavored products such as Baconnaise (yuck!), Bacon Ranch Dressing, and Bacon Salt which comes in multiple flavors such as Original, Hickory, Peppered, Applewood, Maple, Cheddar, Jalapeno, and Mesquite.

A little frightening ay? I'd like to keep my heart pumping easily so I'm going to stay away from all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment