Saturday, February 19, 2011

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros



I'm not sure why it took me this long to post about one of my favorite bands, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

Edward Sharpe is actually Alex Ebert of the band Ima Robot.



According to what I've read Ebert met bandmate Jade Castrinos outside a cafe and they began a romantic relationship.



The relationship did not last but a band was created. The two have amazing voices but I am mostly impressed that such a powerful voice can burst out of a teeny woman like Castrinos.

The band has 10 members and they definitely look like a hippie cult. In a way that's part of their appeal.


Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros playing "Home" on NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts

2 comments:

  1. The hubbs and I were just talking about this band tonight. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. If they ever come to town we should see them together in concert! I think I have a crush on Alex Ebert aka Edward Sharpe. I'm pretty sure I'm infatuated with Jade Castrinos too!

    ReplyDelete