Friday, February 25, 2011

"Baby Gaga Ice Cream"

According to CBS News a London ice cream parlor is planning to serve ice cream made from human breast milk.

"What could be more natural than fresh, free-range mother's milk in an ice cream?" said Victoria Hiley, one of the 15 women who donated their mammary milk.

At present there is no word on what steps the parlor has taken to avoid potential risks.

I've been curious as to what breast milk tastes like. I've spoken to a couple of friends who are mothers and I'm told it just tastes like sugary milk. Doesn't sound bad to me. Would I take a bite of the breast milk ice cream? Sure why not? But yes, it does sound ridiculous. I can't imagine the breast milk flavored ice cream will be very popular. I don't think it's going to show up at my local Baskin and Robbins anytime soon.

As I was scanning the internet for more stories on this subject I came across a 2008 article from taste.com.au which reveals that PETA actually encourages breast milk ice cream as it will utlimatley lessen the suffering of dairy cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment