Friday, April 30, 2010

Afghanistan Troops do their own version of the Lady Gaga "Telephone" video



24-year-old soldier and amateur video director Aaron Melcher included the following note:

"This is a couple guys located in afghanistan, that re-made the music video by Lady Gaga....Telephone. Prepare yourself for a fantastical journey. Right now this is the temporary version, we have more scenes to cut, and edit, however with guys always on mission it is harder to film than you think."

The soldiers have not answered and of the pressing questions by the media.

While I personally do not find the video to be THAT good, I do find it interesting and bold of the male soldiers to behave flamboyantly. I love that these men have not let machismo get in the way of having some innocent fun. However, my assumption is that the media will do all they can to voice speculation that these gentlemen are gay. Although, there is no way to know who is gay or who is not in the video I think that it is a brave and wonderful move on their part being that the army is continually threatened by the dreadful "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

According to Aaron Melcher there is more to come so I will be looking forward to what they come up with next. I imagine resources are scarce for such an endeavor and it seems like the troops have done well with what they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment