Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vajazzling?



This is one strange concept. I came across something known as Vajazzling. According the The Luxury Spot, Completely Bare Spa in New York City will decorate one's vagina with Swarovski crystals.


According to the article, “The trend exploded when Jennifer Love Hewitt announced that she Vajazzles regularly to feel good about her privates.”

I myself have a love/hate relationship with my vagina however I am always working towards love. It's a process for sure. I know that we live in a patriarchal culture and embracing one's self can be a challenge however in order to axe down patriarchy we must practice acceptance rather than running to something that will mask and hide who we truly are.



Men and women alike adorn their bodies with jewelry, tattoos, and other accessories and I find nothing wrong with experimenting with creativity. However, if a woman decides she wants to cover up her vagina with jewelry for the purpose of hiding in shame then that is where I take issue. So, often we modify our appearance for the sake of others and it is that action that we lose authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment