Saturday, February 13, 2010

New 1930s tea cup to add to my growing collection

So excited about my new find!



I have begun collecting vintage tea cups and I just purchased this light green polka dot cup. I just purchased this gem from Royal Doulton. Their description is as follows.

Royal Albert
1930 Polka Rose Teacup & Saucer

As the name suggests, Polka Rose takes its inspiration from the ground colours with polka dots that were so popular in the 1930s. The period elegance of this fine bone china tea set lies in a subtle combination of a single pink hued rose design and white polka dots on orchard apple green, with gold trim edging, and a little rose design in the teacup to welcome the drinker. Here, Royal Albert has chosen pattern 3020 in Apple Green with the addition of an individual rose motif taken from pattern 7862.

No comments:

Post a Comment