Sunday, January 10, 2010

Venuszine I love you but I have a bone to pick

Venuszine magazine (music and DIY mag) is one of my favorite magazines however I currently have a bone to pick.

First I should just mention that I just posted about the generic lyrics for the song "Tik Tok" that new pop singer "Ke$ha" belts out in true "valley girl" fashion. To read that post click here.

I was very surprised to come across an youtube video in which a woman from Venuszine is interviewing Ke$ha at the 2009 Lollapalooza festival.


Venuszine interview with Ke$ha

My immediate thought was, "is Venuszine now interviewing ANYONE female just for the sake that they are a female singer?" I understand the concept of to each their own and if you like Ke$ha then you like Ke$ha. However, one of the reasons I have admired Venuszine for so long is that they cover artists that are not in the category of the norm. Ke$ha IS the norm. Plastic, generic themed music that I personally find uninspiring. Even for the sake of enjoying a good beat and good dance song I cannot find that in Ke$ha.

My after thought reflected how terrible this interview was. The interview did not flow and while that cannot always be helped, I believe it did not move well because there was no substance. The interview asked typical yellow jounralistic questions such as who would Ke$ha like to rival. Is this of importance?

Venuszine, I am still a fan and I suppose it is illogical of me to assume that I will be pleased with everyone you choose to feature, but wow. Not very poetic but it's all I can muster. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment