Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hakone Kowakien Yunessun Hot Springs Amusement Park & Spa Resort: wants you to take a bath

At the Hakone Kowakien Yunessun Hot Springs Amusement Park & Spa Resort in Japan you can spend a day trying out 25 different pools, spas, and slides for4,000 yen (about US$37).


(source)

I want to visit this place! Here you can bathe in actual green tea. I'm not sure what exactly that does for the skin or body but it sure seems interesting for a tea lover such as myself.

Now, I don't drink alcohol but after seeing the below photos I don't think I'd be opposed to bathing in it.


(source)

Hundreds of gallons of Beaujolais Nouveau (the most popular wine in Japan) are used during the 12 day period that the wine spa are open.


Photos by Xinhua via CCTV


Photos by Xinhua via CCTV


Photos by Xinhua via CCTV

The spa has many other baths to choose from including the ramen bath.



The bath, shaped like a ramen bowl, contains pepper-flavored water colored a light, milky brown, to like tonkotsu (pork bone) ramen soup.

“The aroma of pepper is said to have the effects of refreshing your mind, warming your burned-out heart and inflaming your passion,” explained a statement by spa complex Hakone Kowakien Yunessun in Hakone, one of Japan’s most popular hot spring resorts.

I'm not quite sure what the "noodles" consist of as everything I read says that the noodles are made of "bathwater additives".

From the photo it doesn't seem like there are noodles to slosh around in. I would love to feel squishy noodles and have noodle fights with complete strangers. What a great place to be a kid!



The coffee spa contains real coffee made with hot spring water. It has been said that coffee is an effective treatment from the recovery of fatigue, and also adds beauty to the skin.

If I ever visit Japan, I will be making a b-line for this place. It seems like a place to delight and challenges the senses, emotional and physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment