Sunday, December 20, 2009

tea and storytime


(source)

"So I had to get this song together in about, um, 2 hours. And, uh, this boy really pissed me off because I had a crush on him right, and he'd been making tea for me for 9 months... Hang on, I'm telling a story! And so, the whole thing is, he would sit there and ask me...now if you're making tea for a girl, right, for 9 months, don't you think guys, I mean help me out here, your noodle, I know it can hold a lot of information, right? But don't you think you can remember how many sugars a girl takes in her tea after nine months ...YO."
-------
Tori Amos - before playing the song "Sugar" From the Dew Drop Inn Tour - New York City concert, May 15, 1996. (A B-side song, also found on the "Hey Jupiter" single)

No comments:

Post a Comment