Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's a milk coffee pocky & matcha green tea blast kind of Saturday

A wonderful rainy day in California. We don't get too many of these so I have been trying to savor it the best I can.

As I have just recently begun hunting for new Japanese treats I made a trip to a local Japanese market called Nijiya Market and picked up some Milk Coffee pocky.


(from asianaisle)

When I opened up the package I the aroma did indeed smell of coffee.


(from asianaisle)

It's been a while since I've had Pocky and I had forgotten how light the sticks are in taste. This was a pleasant surprise as for some reason I had remembered the sticks being a bit more dense and almost pretzel like.


(from asianaisle)

I felt like having something with green tea however not too harsh of a green tea flavor. I headed over to my nearest Jamba Juice shop and ordered their Matcha Green Tea Blast.


(source)

The smoothie is definitely more of a treat than a drink of good nutrition. Although it does consist of matcha it also has non-fat frozen yogurt, soy milk and plain sorbet. So, there is plenty of sugar and carbs in the drink. It sure hit the spot though.

I decided not to go anywhere today and I simply enjoyed the rain from home. Don't ask me why I wanted a cold drink on a cold, rainy day. And don't ask me why there were plenty of people lined up at the Jamba Juice shop.

Hope it rains tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment