Sunday, December 6, 2009

bombs in boxes

I originally viewed these Hello Kitty bombs as they were posted on Kitty Hell. I was offended by these images until I went to the source. These pieces are a part of a project entitled Bombardment. It appears that the artist is actually attempting to make a political statement. According to Kitty Hell the artist's first name is Derek. I am unable to find his last name. If anyone knows please tell me.


Hello Jihad


Hello City


Hello City


Vote Obama


Love


Daisy Cutter


For Andy


It's The Real Thing


Have A Nice Day!


Peace


McWarfare


You've Been Bad


In The Red


Another Beautiful Day


Another Beautiful Day II

To view more of Derek's art pieces click here. To contact him email him at plundercorp@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Derek. I made these "Bombs in Boxes". This series is titled "Bombardment". The falling bombs represent the harbinger of impending catastrophe. The surrounding box is used to give further context to a particular theme, whether political, social, economic, theological, etc. You can email me at the address on the top of my website where these images came from. Thanks for the posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Derek. Thanks for the correction and thanks for offering some insight into your work!

    ReplyDelete