Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kiwi Lime Spritzer



Although it is technically Fall, we in California do not often get traditional Fall weather. While I adore tea and coffee as cozy and calming drinks I also enjoy fruity chilled spritzer drinks. I found this recipe from Yum Sugar.


Kiwi Lime Drink

Recipe based on the original from YumSugar

[NOTE: I have chosen to omit the pieces of ginger that can be used as I hate ginger..but do not hate gingerale. I also omitted alcohol as I do not drink. ]

Ingredients

Juice of 1/2 a lime, freshly squeezed
1 kiwi fruit, diced with some larger chunks for garnish
Dash of salt (if desired)
3 Tablespoons simple sugar syrup
8 oz. Ginger Ale
Ice
Kiwi and lime rind for garnish

Directions

  1. Add ice.
  2. In a separate mixing container, add sugar syrup, dash of salt, diced kiwi, and lime juice; mix well.
  3. Pour ginger ale into chilled tumbler, and pour juice mix over soda, making sure to swirl minced ginger and kiwi back into suspension first.
  4. Garnish with kiwi and/or lime rind and a blackberry Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment