Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tears

It was only recently that I was truly able to cry for my dear friend who committed suicide this past week. I decided to look up some quotes about the precious act of crying...


Tears by Quilt artist Judy Dales

The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Henry Maudsley~


Tearless grief bleeds inwardly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Christian Nevell Bovee~


Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Natalie Clifford Barney~


Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Golda Meir~


I heard the teardrop hit my pillow before I even knew I was crying
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amborella Oltre~


I didn't want my picture taken because I was going to cry. I didn't know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I'd cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar~


Unless you have been very, very lucky, you have undoubtedly experienced events in your life that have made you cry. So unless you have been very, very lucky, you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Lemony Snicket~


It is such a secret place, the land of tears
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment