Friday, October 16, 2009

Now Obama is "TOO articulate?" Give the man a break!

A recent article from The Nation magazine that speaks to the opinion that President Obama may be "too" articulate for some. Does anyone else think that this is a ridiculous complaint? My opinion is that we endured 8 years of a president who was not very articulate at all. It has been a breath of fresh air to have someone who seems sincere.

I understand that everyone has an opinion and we can't expect everyone to agree with wherever our own opinions lie. I also understand that no matter what any president does or says there is going to be criticism. It comes with the territory and I'm sure our president knows that.

According to The Nation that many pollsters are still complaining that Obama is overexposed. When Obama was campaigning and after his win, he made various TV appearances. Many argued that he was becoming too much of a celebrity and was not focusing on politics. I don't doubt that appearing on television was a campaign strategy and I think it's a good one. It's also nice to know that Obama doesn't feel too good to appear on these shows.

I think it's also important to note that if Obama is perceived as a rock star it is because his audience has created that.

Even if some feel that Obama has been over exposed I don't really see that as an issue. Change the channel. And yes, I would maintain this belief even if the president were a republican. In fact I think his exposure gives us all a good opportunity to learn about and from him.

I do not think that Obama is perfect however, thus far I a much happier with him than our former president. And if Obama is "too" articulate (whatever that really means) does that mean he's a snob? I think people need to give Obama a break. We will see what he will do for us as a leader. And yes, I know many complain that he isn't doing enough and isn't doing enough fast enough. I haven't lost my faith yet. I think the decision to ambush Obama for trivial things is a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment