Friday, September 11, 2009

Kamay Krafts Multi-Purpose Coopertive

Today I met a woman carrying an interesting purse. I actually hate carrying a purse but because it is a necessity for me, I try to carry purses that are unique (although I do carry a standard "work purse"). I asked about this woman's purse and she began telling me an interesting story about the women who make them.



Kamay Krafts Multi-Purpose Coopertive consists of approximately 100 women from poor areas of Manila (the Phillippines). These women have pooled together so they can make a living for themselves.

Kamay Krafts make purses, wallets, and other miscellaneous items out of rececyled trash.


I think I might be purchasing this one!




Recycled Juice Drink Purse








Recycled Paper Purse





To find out more info go to their website.





No comments:

Post a Comment