Sunday, September 20, 2009

Digable Planets sells out to Tide



Don't know if any of you have seen the new Tide laundry detergent commercial which features famous Digable Planets song Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat).

I know that more and more music artists are selling their tracks for commercial use. It disappoints me still. I don't know what the financial status of Digable Planets is like these days but I know that they are still making music.


Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space) - 1993

I just think that when Digable Planets wrote Rebirth of Slick they probably didn't intend to have it used to hock product. Again, I am not aware of their financial status. If they are struggling I can see how this would be an option for them. However, I hope it was not an easy choice. I am always disappointed when I hear amazing talented artists in the threads of advertisement.


Tide Commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment