Friday, July 3, 2009

Purple People


(blogu.lu)
"Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple."
-----------------Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio


I don't think this quote is meant to be taken literally. Although, I'm sure it could. When I read it, it immediately reminded me of a song by the gypsy punk band Gogol Bordello. They do a great song entitled "Start Wearing Purple."

Start wearing purple, wearing purple
Start wearing purple for me now
All your sanity and wits, they will all vanish, I promise
It's just a matter of time

So yeah, ha!
Start wearing purple, wearing purple
Start wearing purple for me now
All your sanity and wits, they will all vanish, I promise
It's just a matter of time
---------------------------------Gogol Bordello


(concertninja.com)


The quote above is a great reminder for me to love myself as the silly, intense, complex, simple, odd, girl that I am. So, in my own way I am wearing purple. So, go ahead my friends.
"Be eccentric. Don't wait for old age to wear purple!"

No comments:

Post a Comment