Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let buyers of "Womens Magazines" everywhere know that you are beautiful just the way you are...

On most trips to the market there are some common items that we will all see on the way to the register. Gum, gossip magazines and "womens magazines". Cosmopolitan magazine often stares me in the face when I begin placing my purchases on the conveyor belt.
Not only are we faced with these magazines whether we want to or not but of course many women actually seek out these magazines.

Why is there such a market for these types of magazines? Not only do many women feel they need to modify their appearances for their own selves but often for the purpose of pleasing someone else.

Seventeen, YM (young and modern) are geared towards teenage girls. That's right folks, start em' early. I went through my own phase of reading those magazines at the age of 15. It didn't last long thank goodness. I came to the realization that I was only trying to fit in. Thank goodness I realized that attempting to fit it was a lot of work and a waste of energy and emotion. I decided to find out who I was on the inside as well as out and I found my own personal style.

But for those women who grow out of Seventeen and YM there is Cosmopoliton and like minded mags that can tell you what you are doing wrong and how you can fix it.

There is a new art action project on the move called "You Are Beautiful Just The Way You Are" and they want to recruit you! Simply head on over to http://www.bjtwya.com and print out a magazine cover flyer and place if over a magazine that instructs women to modify themselves.


(http://www.bjtwya.com)



(http://www.bjtwya.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment