Friday, July 17, 2009

Keep your Hot Cheetos away from me!

What the hell is up with Hot Cheetos?!

The first, last and only time I have eaten Hot Cheetos was in 2004. I have no idea why they sounded appetizing at the time but I thought I'd try them out. They were TERRIBLE! I tried to munch-a-munch on them despite the awful taste because after all I had spent money on them. I think we've all been there right? We forked out the cash, no matter how much or how little. But it wasn't worth it. I trashed the Cheetos but the ghost of Cheetoville visited me that night. I threw up. A lot! I had a roommate at the time and I kept her up as I couldn't stop upchucking. That was when, for the first time, I was introduce to the dry heave. It's rare that I vomit. But whenever it happens I am reminded of JUST how awful it is to do so.

A year later I worked as a childcare counselor at a group home for at risk youth. They all LOVED these little demon puffs. It is a rarity that we allowed them to eat junk like that. But on special occasions they all wanted their Hot Cheetos.


I've learned that Hot Cheetos are actually banned at some elementary schools. I'm not sure what makes these Cheetos different from others. Sodium galore? They are so atomically red you know they gotta be toxic. Excuse me while I go eat a carrot...

2 comments:

  1. I found this blog via google.
    Hot cheetos made me vomit too last night
    and it was the second time I ate them. They
    contain monosodium glutamate aka MSG so
    I think that's why if you eat a lot they make
    you barf. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Chris. They are awful. MSG ay? I didn't know. Makes sense as to why they seem so dangerous.

    ReplyDelete