Monday, July 6, 2009

Johnny and his cupcakes


(leibowit.com)
Johnny of Johnny Cupcakes

So, I think it's about time I blog about Johnny Cupcakes. I've known about his business for quite a while but haven't mentioned him till' now. Johnny built up his own company that sells cupcake themed t-shirts. He claims to have created his shirts as a joke but it eventually became a multi-million dollar career. According to his website (johnnycupcakes.com) he employed his parents, sister and several friends. His company has been up and running since 2002.

I'll admit that Johnny's products are expensive. His "Make Cupcakes Not War" t-shirts cost $38.99! Johnny explains on his website that his products are high priced as they made in the U.S.A.. They are also limited editions which in turn means he does not mass produce his items. He emphasizes that his business is home grown and not a corporation.

I have yet to make a trip out to his Los Angeles store but I plan on doing so. He has branched out to other products such as pants for men, key chains, purses, ipod cases and more. Some of his stuff is a little to mainstream for me but I'm still a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment