Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I heart Twinkie Chan!

Twinkie Chan aka Stephanie Lee is a woman after my own heart. She makes food themed art.

While I do not make food themed art I have a huge appreciation for it. I think food is fun, random, silly and just really cool to look at.

Twinkie Chan crochets food themed scarves, tissue box holders, purses, ipod covers, brooch pins and more. But scarves are her main work pieces.

According to her website (twinkiechan.com) her love of food themed items began at an early age. She would apparently collect Fisher Price fake food as a child.

I too developed a love for foodie themed items as a child. From fake food toys, to scratch n' sniff stickers, or "smelly stickers" as I think many of us called them. Today I continue to have a love for food themed products. T-shirts, purses, jewlery, bandaids, you name it. I especially have a love of cupcakes. What is odd however, is that I seem to love the aesthetics of food more so than the actually taste of food. I don't feel the need to gobble and chow down all day. Heh! I just love to look.


(inkedmag.com)
TwinkieChan in Inked Magazine 2008. Love love love her cupcake tattoos on her tummy and her triple scoop ice cream cone on her arm!


(scene360.com)
TwinkieChan at work


Here is a peek at some of her artwork.
More can be found at her website Twinkiechan.com and Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan


(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
I own this one!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
She's making this one for me right now!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Buying this one next!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
This one is also on my list



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Want this one too! don't care about valentine's day (or Hallmark Day as I call it. Hee!) but I love these cuppycakes!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Do I want the one with the butter hearts?


(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Or the one with the square shapped butter pads? Hmm. Decisions decisions..


(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Mmm. One of my favorite foods.



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Ahhh! Refreshing! Another fave food!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Random and funny, just the way I like it!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Pepperoni Pizza Slice



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Impressive..



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Achoo! Got the sniffles? Plenty of tissues to go around with this cake!



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)



(Flickr.com/photos/twinkiechan)
Steak Purse


For more info go to Myspace.com/twinkiechan
Facebook.com/pages/Twinkie-Chan
Twinkiechan.com/blog

TwinkieChan also has a separate blog site called I Eat Yucky Stuff (ieatyuckystuff.blogspot.com). I am always entertained when I go to this page. Here you can get a glimpse into some of her unique food choices. She inspires me to try some new foods and to stay clear of others. For instance....dried pork sung? Which according to her basically translates to a cotton candy like substance that melts in your mouth and tastes of pork. Um..no thank you!

If you step into the world of this woman you will soon become familiar with her basset hound Bibi. She even posts random (and by now you know how I love the art of random) videos of this wonderous mutt.


Bibi the Astronaut

Twinkiechan your work is awesome and I think I want to rent you as a friend! :)


Anyhoot.
Twinkie Chan does not have a store of her own, nor does she sell from her website on a continuous basis. She is a one woman crocheting machine. So, basically she sells on ebay and at craft fairs. Currently OakBoston.com is selling some of her products for a lot cheaper than you will find on ebay. You can also look her up on Etsy.com.

Ta ta for now! Remember...play with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment