Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ramune!

In my last post I mentioned how occassionally I like to venture through a Japanese market. I love purchasing different teas, tea ware (cups and kettles), candy, and snacks and drinks.

One of my favorite Japanese treats is Ramune soda. Being that I am a big Hello Kitty fan, I was thrilled when I first found Hello Kitty Ramune. Which is technically just a Hello Kitty wrapper around the soda. Strange how something so small can make such a difference. A concept that has obviously proven to work very well as a marketing strategy.


from http://uchihasofly.deviantart.com/art/hello-kitty-ramune-118273329

Ramune comes in many different flavors but what is most appealing is the container the soda comes in. The bottles are sealed by a marble that can only be opened by forcing it through with a plastic cap that comes with the bottle. Once the marble is pushed through it catches in the middle of the neck and remains there. Once pushed through the soda fizzes which is fun to watch.

The sodas cost anywhere from $2 to $4 dollars here in the U.S. but $1 in Japan. Grrr. But that's how it always goes isn't it?


From www.flicker.com/photos/ayumuro_luv

No comments:

Post a Comment