Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Hug and Green Tea Ice Cream

Apparently June is Iced Tea Month. This is something that came to my attention today as I was sipping some iced green tea and surfing the internet.

I am a huge fan of tea and green tea is quite special for me. Not just because of its taste and health benefits but because it can be used in so many creative ways.

When I'm down or have had a hard day, sometimes I find that all I need to heal my little pink hamster heart is a hug and some green tea ice cream!

Green tea has been my favorite flavor ice cream for years. Not a traditional flavor but I think more and more are catching on to it's uniqueness.

I find that Mochi Ice Cream from Trader Joes Market does me just fine. I love it because I often find that one Mochi ball is just the perfect amount of ice cream.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, mochi is a sweet, short grained glutinous rice and commonly used to make rice cakes.


Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream Balls
(lock-star.livejournal.com)



(dollfacedaily.wordpress.com)
I've tried different mochi ice cream balls and I personally enjoy the Mikawaya brand the best.



(sparklette.net)
I have tried other mochi brands found at traditional Japanese markets and could not stomach them. The mochi tasted too bland and the texture and consistancy was thin and too grainy.

***

I think at some point I may have the hit the kitchen with some green tea recipes. I am not the fanciest chef but the recipes below seem nummy! Might have to be bold and go for it.

(http://eatfirstthinklater.blogspot.com)
Green Tea Tiramisu



(www.awhiffoflemongrass.com)
Green Tea Tiramisu in a cup



(http://cookiemonzters.blogspot.com)
Green Tea Muffins



Green Tea Latte
(http://dessertcomesfirst.com)



(http://www.latimes.com)
Macha Green Tea Powder and Chocolate



(honestchitchat.wordpress.com)
Green Tea Pinkberry
Like so many I became addicted to Pinkberry aka Crackberry. But one day the cravings just stopped. Maybe one day they'll come back. Still looks good ay?



Matcha Green Tea Cupcake



(justjennrecipes.com)
Green Tea Ice Cream Cupcake



(www.flicker.com/photos/bcveen)
Green Tea Cupcake

1 comment:

  1. I had a green team creme brulee the other day in a japanese restaurant here in London.
    It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete