Thursday, June 4, 2009

Heart


Try something tonight. lace your hand over your chest and feel your pulse. What is it to you? A rhythm? An awkward sensation against your palm?

When I am in a romantic relationship I will at times simply listen to the heartbeat of my partner. In fact I think that I have done this with each man I have been with. It is so miraculous to me to listen to the pulse of someone I care for. It's a humbling experience and makes me recognize just how human we are.

I think it is only logical that when you understand your own anatomy that you see just how beautiful your life is. I have been reading up a bit on the heart and it makes me oh so grateful to have one. It is something that I do not take for granted. I am grateful that it is working. I believe that it is strong and resilient, but I also see just how fragile life is.

Currently I am not in a relationship and therefore I am not able to rest on the chest of another. But I can feel my own and be humbled by it's pulse and the life I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment